Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Momentous week

I'm an 'auntie' again! One of my oldest & dearest friends just had a beautiful baby girl & I'm overjoyed after meeting her for the first time today. Alaina (mom) looks unbelievable and I can hardly wait to meet the little Miss Olivia Rose again. I'm so happy for Alaina & Marc & can't wait to spend more time with their family.

The other event that has kept both me & Alvin occupied for months is the purchase of our very first home. We have been preoccupied meeting with Realtors, lawyers, bankers, and then packing, cleaning, and moving for weeks - but today it feels great! We are thrilled with the beautiful place...but I haven't taken any photos because there are still boxes all over. My fingers are raw from all the cleaning (new & old) but we had very useful recruits over the weekend & will continue to be grateful to the folks, Tommy, & Jason in the coming weeks. I thank those who have already passed by & welcome any of you who are curious to see the place anytime- just expect to see random bits of unpacked goods in various corners. We also appreciate the generosity many of you have shared with us throughout this process - it's time to celebrate now (or sleep)*giggling*.


For the couple of you who still send me snail mail just email me & I'll share my new address- yay!

No comments: