Saturday, September 29, 2012

Don't You Miss the Change of Seasons?

That's the question my mom used to always ask when I was living in Zambia. It's funny because I've been so thrilled with the clear change from Summer to Fall - the yellow & orange leaves against the backdrop of the stunning Alberta blue skies. I went out walking & tried to capture the tone of a perfect Fall day.



When admiring the fresh cool Fall air and that sound of crunching leaves underfoot I had to remind myself that I also adored this time of year in Lusaka. With temperatures steadily on the rise the jacaranda & flame trees would be in full bloom & started littering the roads in purples & oranges. I can't quite remember if the poinsettias & frangipanis were also blooming...but that's because I loved those trees all year round- either in bloom or completely leafless.
Ah...reminiscing...and continuing to appreciate life's simple pleasures, breathtaking beauty, and being grateful that I can appreciate living in this moment.
Happy Fall wherever you are:-)

Flame tree/ Flamboyant tree




And Oh that magical jacaranda:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Sara,

Am just so thrilled about your pictures of Lusaka trees especially during the summer just before the rain season. It takes me way down memory lane as a boy when we would just take walks with friends, not sure where you end up until being forced to head back only by signs of sunset. I plan to walk around this weekend hopefully take a few picture. I would share with you more soon......

PS: This is the very season....lol

Chanda