Monday, July 02, 2012

A Quiet Canada Day

When out on my morning jog I decided that I may have just seen it all. I was re-adjusting to looking forward (after admiring two beautiful cranes in the river- they are so lovely to watch taking flight) - and two cyclists were heading my way. I had to double take as the couple, I would say mid-fifties, had two little dogs in carrying baskets attached to their front handlebars. Really? I am a dog lover from way back...but isn't that a bit ridiculous? These two little suburban dogs were enjoying the breeze while the owners were getting all the exercise. Bizarre.

But to prove I'm not a dog-hater I've attached some photos of my fave pups out at Alaina & Marc's (& of course Tom & Dev's Edgar). I've also attached photos to show how well my balcony flowers are doing- I've been harvesting basil & cilantro regularly so I'm awfully happy.




Canada Day has passed fairly quietly as Alvin worked all day & I didn't stay up for the fireworks...but the weather has been glorious & we were all distracted by Euro 2012 finals:-)

I must also separately include a photo of Madeline (the recipient of my first ever baby blanket)- Marty & Pat very thoughtfully sent some photos of their baby girl in her blanket- I'm so happy it's a useful gift! And isn't she gorgeous?

No comments: