Friday, March 16, 2012

Nightmares

I woke up in the middle of the night, unable to fall back asleep because my heart was racing. It's been an age since I've had a nightmare & I couldn't figure out what would have triggered a dream about murderers and drownings. That evening I had attended a stellar yoga class; we did two of my favourite poses and I hadn't done them in ages. And you know these yogi-types, they spend a lot of time talking about the energies in your body and how some poses can create releases of these energies. So I got the giggles at work explaining that I must have upset some inner chi to have had a nightmare. It was only much later in the evening when I was chatting with my mom that it 'clicked'; I remembered that before yoga class I was watching the news. The stories of the day were so disturbing that I switched off the TV- those horrors must have come back when I was resting.

It all seems like a distant memory now- & I've been back at the knitting. I'm getting closer but still- not quite right.


No comments: