Monday, March 21, 2011

Neither Here nor There

I'm typically an absent-minded person, but tonight- it's something else all together. I meant to fold the dry laundry & throw in another load that didn't get done over the weekend, but instead I got sidetracked by the dirty dishes in the sink. While I filled the sink with soapy hot water something led me into the bedroom. I would like to eat my supper but what to prepare? I'd love to finish knitting the scarf I've started, read a chapter in the book that I am thoroughly enjoying, perhaps I could sit down & watch a bit of the Raptors game...I am getting nowhere. And now I've found the dirty dishes soaking in cold water*sigh*.

I could chalk it up to my piecemeal day. I was downtown for a half day of training and back to the regular office for the afternoon. But I know that's not really it.

Things for me have been going so well; I've been excited about:

- the first day of Spring
- Pop's birthday today
- the graduation party friends hosted for me last weekend
- the promise of a nice tax return
- the promotion I was offered & accepted (today I started a full-time permanent position in my new-ish field of human resources)*weeee*

But to make sure that I don't float away to the clouds with happiness there have been a couple happenstances that have kept my feet planted firmly on the ground.

My dear old Gran took a fall & things are not looking good (she's been so up & down in the past few months- it's been awful to watch her suffer...then see her spirit come back with a vengeance & she's home cooking up a storm; but only to receive a phone call a couple days later that she's back in hospital). I'm heartened that my mom is together with her 2 siblings, her hubby & her nephew in Saskatoon to try to figure out what happens next.

We also received heart-breaking news from Zambia. We were informed on Sunday that our dear Uncle Watson has passed away. There is so much to say but nothing feels quite right yet.

No comments: