Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Canadians are Crazy

I can say that because I'm Canadian.

But how crazy is this: fireworks at 830p.m. on December 31st in St. Albert, AB? Temperature was minus 17 degrees Celsius. The event is scheduled earlier in the evening (as opposed to the Witching Hour) to be 'family friendly': so the little tykes can enjoy. Enjoy. You've got to be kidding me.

But what's that cliche: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?
I just about fell over when my dear sister-in-law suggested watching the fireworks on New Year's Eve & then tobogganing (all activities would of course be occurring out-of-doors. In very cold weather). And there I go buying the "bright-green-luge-esque" sled for $9.99 at Superstore to prepare for the evening. I had so much fun that I'm beginning to think tobogganing for adults should only ever take place in the evenings. Ha ha ha.

It feels good to be settling back into my roots*grin*













































PS. Christmas was great- this last photo is of Tom & Al on Boxing Day. It was so great to celebrate Christmas with my dear old Gran, folks, bro & Devo, as well as my Uncle & cousins who came up from Seattle (I even got to meet Fitzy's finance- Yay)! Alvin & I really did enjoy our first White Christmas together.
Check Spelling

No comments: