Monday, January 10, 2011

Annual update- good reads

I've been putting this post off because I've only been reading smut recently*grin*. I didn't read quite as many books as last year (last year I was at about 1 book/ week- this year grand total 44). Being competitive at heart I was disappointed at first...I even went to the "quick reads" section at the library- but nothing doing. I'll probably top 52 reads this year (at least at the rate I've started)*smile*.

Right, so the recommends. I have to say I read a lot of trash in 2011. I adore the Harry Potter books which I read all at the same time over last Christmas/ New Year's. A few other recommends include:

-
A sad but heart-breaking-ly beautiful book was Stephen Galloway's The Cellist of Sarajevo
- The Highest Tide was a delight to read. Jim Lynch did an amazing job of reminding me that there are so many things we should cherish in everyday life- oh the wonders of nature.
- I loved Colum McCann's Let the Great World Spin...but I don't really know how to describe it in a couple of lines because various stories are intertwined into one crazy event.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett- a lovely tale of what I imagine life would have been like in the Southern USA

Thanks to many of you who wrote me your recommends; now that I have access to a library (& lots of time that used to be spent studying) I hope to check many off my "Never-ending must-read book list"*grin*. Send some ideas my way- I love books.

No comments: