Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend in Reverse

To heck with chronology...here's my weekend excitement from most to least recent*grin*

1. We hit the slopes this weekend (okay, today)- what fun! I don't remember the last time I went tobogganing...& it was certainly Al's first time. I'm so thrilled that Alvin enjoyed himself because now I'm planning on working off the Christmas turkey sledding any chance we get- weeeeeee.














































2. I didn't take out my camera at my folks place on Sunday- but it was so great visiting with Canj (in town from VanCity), Car (before she hits Mexico), & Belle's parents.

3. Two parties in one night- Anna & Dan hosted a lovely wine & cheese & then off to Tom & Dev's for their get together. At least we've got a couple of "pre-party" photos. (We were actually taking photos in front of the mounded snow to send to Al's family back in Zambia- there's not that much snow but when they cleared the condo parking lot we thought we could exaggerate a bit)*grin*






























4. My light-hearted weekend began Friday afternoon with these words:

Leadership and Human Resource Management Pass

Organizational Change Pass

Life Career Development Pass

Work and Well-being Pass

Which means (unofficially) I'm done school! I've cleared my exams & should be the proud recipient of an MSc in Human Resource Management as soon as the official results arrive. I couldn't be more thrilled & will certainly not boast of this achievement every chance I get- but I do have to mention it as when I saw the four "passes" my heart beat faster & I danced around my little apartment. Three years of work celebrated in so many ways this weekend- I think I'll pour myself a glass of Amarula*grin*. More seriously (Amarula in hand)- there are so many people to thank for their support- maybe once it’s truly sunk in I’ll be more philosophical- for now I’m celebrating!

No comments: