Sunday, August 29, 2010

A terrible friend

This post shall serve as a blanket apology. I have been so busy and wrapped up in my own schedule that I've been in touch with very few people. At work during break time or lunch I'll slip outside for a wee walk round the grounds and a breath of fresh air. During this time I think- I should send Bev a Happy Birthday email; Hol is leaving for Italy- I should have at least called her; I haven't seen Janet or Car in weeks; and my weekly walks with Jennifer & Krysta have fizzled out. Bah.
Good excuses? I'm at the homestretch with school. I'm desperately trying to keep my head above water as my last course is run in 5 weeks instead of the regular 11 weeks. Exams are around the corner so my anti-social behaviour will only be temporary.

The much more exciting piece of news is that Alvin & I are on our own again! We're renting a little one bedroom condo that's less than 1km from the bus depot (Al will be commuting to NAIT starting tomorrow) & should be about a 5km bike ride to work for me. I'm looking forward to active commuting...except for the cold weather! My folks have gone over & about the call of duty (& have probably spent more time in the condo then we have)- they've painted, scrubbed, donated & ensured a smooth transition. Guess they were ready to have their basement back*grin*
The new digs















Last weekend we attended Anna & Dan's beautiful wedding- I got to be social for an evening & had a wonderful time.

The new couple!














There were about 4 of us "Reckies" from Uni- it was lovely. Ry & the beautiful bride.

No comments: