Monday, August 02, 2010

July Harvests

Oh the joys of long weekends- there seems to be time for everything. Our weekend was filled with delicious food from the garden, one of my fave Edmonton festivals- Heritage Days, swimming (both in the public swimming pool AND down at the Pembina river), & then the usual work bits...

Pembina! Who knew such a lovely sport existed? What a relaxing way to spend a sunny day















Our fearless leaders




























I've always thought that there's nothing more delicious than eating fresh picked home grown fruits & veggies. Don't these photos just make your mouths water?












































I have no idea why I'm trying to coach Pop with the berry picking- he had already picked three ice cream pails full. Ah well














Heritage days
Alvin decided to have a taste of 'almost' home eating some Zimbabwean cuisine. I thought his family would be horrified to see him eating his meal with a fork- one that is traditionally eaten with one's hands.














My dear friend Alison will be getting married later this week in Uganda...we were thinking of her!

No comments: