Thursday, July 15, 2010

What should I cut out?

When the snooze button failed and Alvin scrambled out of bed about 25 minutes later than usual I thought "Oh no, what to axe from my morning routine to get to work on time?"

Should I forget about my morning sun salutations?
No way- I'm a firm believer in exercise- why should it get cut first?
Should I forgo my cup of ginger tea?
Oh I couldn't do that- what is life when it's too busy to savour a cup of morning tea?
Of course, I'll just have a quick shower. Riiiight. I forgot I was supposed to have a quick one while rinsing the shampoo- ha!
And then the skirt I pulled from the hanger needed to be ironed. Drat.

In the end- I pulled up to work a couple minutes early & left the breakfast dishes in the sink- sorry Ma!

I am now enjoying home-brewed mint tea (I love my wee herb garden) after a busy evening of running hills, cookin' up a yummy supper, and trying to get back on track with school. I hope we don't sleep through the alarm tomorrow and have the cycle start all over again...

1 comment:

Holly Higgins said...

Oh Sarah!
Haven't we all been there... busting up after a bit of a sleep in trying to figure out what "must" go to make it to work on time!
I am glad you made it to your destination- tea consumed and sun salutations completed :) xo