Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sarah T's visit

Alvin & I were lucky enough to host one of our Canadian friends from Lusaka- Sarah T's first trip to the prairies- woot! As always we had a great visit with her reminiscing and sharing stories since the last time we were together.

Oftentimes when I'm taking photos I take them with people in mind- or I start constructing how I will phrase my sentences on the blog (weird I know). Sarah & I both had shirts made from Kutowa Designs (founded by my good friend / fashion designer / yoga instructor in Zambia). We are posing because a) I feel like a samurai when I wear the shirt & b) I miss yoga with Towani...a stretch? I'm not sure. We were going to wear them all day but it was perfect tanning weather so we bowed out.






























The weather was gorgeous so we set out to explore Edmonton's river valley on foot. A lovely passer-by snapped this before we headed up all those stairs.




















And at the top















More stairs...




















Alvin preparing the nshima (we had to cook Zambian with Sarah T around) & she thought the small size of the nshima stick was hilarious, comments Namukolo?




















And that's a wrap.

No comments: