Thursday, April 29, 2010

Starting to feel Canadian again

I've savoured some pieces of quintessential Canada in the last few days:

- the smell of poplars in Spring
- the sound of skates on ice
- finally being able to pitch in to family emergencies. We got the call Saturday evening that my dear ol' Gran was admitted to hospital in Saskatoon- I am so thankful that Tom & I were able to drive out there on Sunday to spend a few days with her. Gran's much better- back into her little apartment & I enjoyed a few beautiful walks in Saskatoon's river valley. After 5.5 years so far from home it is a wonderful feeling to be able to just sit with my Gran. Or my Aunt Martha. Or my folks.

Here are a couple photos from our first skate- Alvin hit ice for the first time last Friday & loved it. Looks like we might head out for another skate tomorrow- how wonderful! My friend Janet is teaching her friend Glen how to skate & invited us to join in- what a great idea, we four had such fun. And though nobody wanted photos on the blog I never made any promises*winning smile*



































3 comments:

Alaina said...

Yay Alvin!
Your on your feet in all 3 pictures, great job :)

Holly Higgins said...

I really like the 'HOME' sign!

Keep on writing my dear. I love to follow xo

Katalin said...

Hey, Sarah, are you back in Alberta? I was thinking of you today and checked your blog. :) Send me an email and maybe we can get together!
Katalin (katalion@yahoo.com)