Thursday, February 25, 2010

Transitioning

Hi all, I've been away in the wilds of Eastern Zambia for a couple of days. I shall post stories & photos hopefully very soon. Until then, find below a post that I had written on Sunday.

I told myself I wouldn’t fall into the trap of posting sentimental stories of leaving Zambia (I should actually prepare a list of things that I will not miss)*grin*- but I couldn’t resist mentioning a few emotions I went through over the weekend.
- Rain- damn. No run.
- My two meetings for Saturday have been postponed until further notice. But I smile; I will miss the unpredictability of what is my social life when I’m back in Canada. Somehow I feel relieved the meetings didn’t pan out because I never would have gotten back to snuff with school…
- I close the door on my way out to post for Uni; the door handle ends up in my hand while the door remains ajar. I want to scream in frustration. Or throw the handle through a window. Instead I smile- I will not miss this flat with its door handles that don’t close doors.
- For no particular reason at all Alvin & I popped a cheap bottle of champagne Saturday evening. We sat on our little patio feeding the mosquitoes on the perfect breezy evening. And I thought- we’ll be fine back home. Yes, we’ll just be smiling at the Alberta skies instead…

No comments: