Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Bad ponytail day

I know we’ve all had bad hair days, and my reliable solution is always to throw my hair back into a ponytail. Ponytails have unfailingly been my “go to” hairstyle for years. Until yesterday; it seemed that no amount of tugging, combing, begging, and straightening would make my ponytail look normal. I looked like a blonde sumo wrestler for the entire day- horrors!

But I have chalked up the minor hair crisis to the weather. Seemingly overnight the reliable dry heat (that I so adore) has evaporated into the sticky humid heat that I dread. (I have not forgotten my prairie upbringing)*grin*. The heat was nearly intolerable yesterday and then out of blue skies fell a light shower. Unfortunately, when there’s no heavy downpour the light rain tends to cause more heat- the water seems to rebound off the dry ground rising in a steamy mist. I contemplated skipping yoga when I was drenched in my own sweat during my 10 minute walk from work to class. I was dreading ‘hot yoga’ Zambian style- sorry cousin Fitzy, I just don’t see the joy of performing yoga tricks in a sauna. But off I went and I enjoyed class nonetheless.

And today is a new humid day and I’m beginning to wonder if rainy season is around the corner…

1 comment:

Holly Higgins said...

He he... ah, we've all be there!

Wishing you many good ponytail days ahead...

Thinking of you from Nevada, xoxo