Monday, April 20, 2009

Wonderful weekend

I felt so special over the weekend because Jen's Aunt Donna came to visit by way of Tanzania. Aunt Donna was volunteering in Rwanda with her lovely friend Helen & then planned a small tour of countries moving Southward. Lucky for me & Al they made Lusaka a weekend stop. We really didn't do anything exciting (they met my basketball team & co-coaches, saw Alvin's girls play, hit the local favourite fabric shop & spent Sunday picnicking at a zoo/botanical garden). Oh, & we ate lots of good food & drank a little bit of wine. And beer. But mostly I think we talked and talked & talked.



Unfortunately I only took one photo so when they post shots on their blog I'll steal them & post them here. What a blast. We LOVE company!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the zoo/ botanical garden Munda Wanga by any chance ? That was always a special treat to go there when I was a boy. If it was, do they still have the baboons roaming around the place ?
Dave

Sarah said...

Hi Dave!
Yup, Munda Wanga- it's still a treat for me to go:-) The only baboons I've seen are caged. But there is a new pool with a massive slide that looks like too much fun! I understand that Munda Wanga has had it's ups & downs but I love the botanical gardens- it's such a beautiful escape...when are you planning on coming back for a visit? You're sounding so nostalgic:-)