Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a Monday

When I spoke to Al at lunch yesterday he had informed me that he’d gotten pulled over by the cops & had to pay a whopping fine for not having paid road tax or something (this was a work car, not the Pajero). I guess his day didn’t start out great…but as our Mondays wore on things just became funnier & funnier.

I was walking home from work & had just told off this very drunk man when I tripped and realized my sandal broke. Gah- karma. I thought for sure I had been too mean to this drunkard who maybe just wanted to say Hi. Right. Well in any case when I pulled over to change my shoes (yes, I was carrying heels in my bag- no comments girls) the drunk guy moved on. I had a laugh with a guy who found it awfully funny that I should have back-up shoes. And onward I hiked…only to find the yard full of Al’s friends; turns out Al also had a flat (this time in the Pajero). Al was not impressed with his day so I decided my adventure earlier in the afternoon would cheer him up. No, not my broken shoe…another ridiculous event.

It was actually beautiful yesterday, so I had switched on the fan in my office. (We have these high-tech air conditioning systems that are attached above the windows in our offices). I hear this awful “chika-chika-chika” & I’m thinking- what the heck is wrong with my air con now. As I look over my shoulder something spits out of the air con & lands on the ground with a crack. I think it’s a leaf or a branch or something & as I get closer the thing scuttles away- apparently a gecko had gone into hiding in my air con. I thought that was the funniest thing ever.

Flying geckos & flat tires…Monday Monday*grin*

No comments: