Wednesday, December 03, 2008

First Christmas card of the year!

Thanks “Kumah” Kaye & Uncle Nick! What a nice surprise…& it was the perfect inspiration to set up my few Christmas decorations last night. (Unfortunately I missed the traditional December 1st date of setting everything up; I suppose the busy festive season has already begun). No need to comment Lain, I know it's too late for you*grin*. I have also realized that my tree looks fairly pathetic with so few decorations; I hope to remedy that this weekend.

Other news:
- We had our end of year tournament for the youth league over the weekend. BSA fared well: our under 12 squad lost in the semi-finals by one point (heartbreaker), our under 15s won the whole shebang, and our under 18 team lost in the final. Sadly, the person I asked to take photos took a couple videos (mostly of the ground)*hahahah*…I’ll post some action shots up here eventually if there are any keepers. We will, however, have an end-of-year party next week- I will certainly take photos then.
- A small update on books. I managed to get my hands on the famous “Golden Compass” book- what a read! I have no idea how I’ll track down the other parts of the trilogy…but I will. I couldn’t put the book down so I chose to pick a “classic” after that, just to slow the pace down a bit. I chose Emily Bronte’s Jane Eyre & found it thoroughly enjoyable; I would chalk it up as one of the easier classics to get through. I found myself chuckling out loud- brilliant. I am currently reading a piece of smut that I’m embarrassed to pull out in front of anyone because it’s a grocery store romance…but it’s light & mindless- just what I need to unwind!

That’s all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I have to leave a comment.....I know my usual Nov. 1st is a little early but Dec. 2nd?? Girl that's MUCH to late *big grin*

Mélanie said...

Too funny, I just got my first Christmas card too... of course it came from the same place as yours ;) A reminder that I better get on that Christmas card thing!