Monday, November 10, 2008

A Tribute to General Mills Cheerios

How I have longed for Cheerios. They used to be my fave breakfast…but I could never find anything similar here in Lusaka. I’ve spent the past couple years hooked on a divine raisin muesli which sort of took over my hunger for Cheerios. Then the other day in the grocery store I found something that looked just like Cheerios!
















Unfortunately, they don’t taste like Cheerios (I had my hopes so high)! They’ve glazed these O’s with something sugary and I have to admit defeat- they just don’t cut it.

Clearly, all is well if my biggest predicament is breakfast cereals.

I’m also determined to try an unripe mango with salt today, a common snack here; I’ve denied trying it up until now because I couldn’t understand why one would choose to eat an unripe fruit, especially one that is so scrumptious when ripe. But I might just love it- I’ll let ya know.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Unripe and with salt.....so did it taste good? Fruit like or vegetable like? I have had a slice of very ripe watermelon with salt on it. That is how they eat it in Texas.

Sarah said...

Watermelon & salt? Strange. Maybe I'll try it next time I eat watermelon.
So, the mango. I had bought it earlier in the week so by the time I was ready to jump in- it had ripened*hahah*. But it was perfect- not the overripe sweet sweet mango. Just the perfect softness with a litte zing to it! I'll let ya know when I find an unripe mango & salt!!!

Holly Higgins said...

My Cheerio loving pal. I am sorry that the O's tasted like sugary circles. Life is always giving us these strange moments isn't it? The lives of ex-pats and their cereals :) A real email is on its way to you my dear. So good to read your stories. One Love. xo

Unknown said...

Sarah
Just received your Christmas card.
Merry Christmas to you, Alvin, Martin and Patricia. Hope you have a great break together. Will be thinking of you during the holiday season.
Uncle emil