Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kim's wedding

Hi all,

I guess my week has been busier than I expected…I want to catch up chronologically so I’m moving back to Friday October 10th when I completed my exams (I still feel like that needs a ‘whoop’)*grin*. My big plan for my Friday afternoon post exams was:

a) to go shoe shopping to buy new heels for the lovely dress my mom sent me so I could attend Mutale’s wedding on Sunday in style
b) have lunch at Gandhi’s- my fave place for vegetarian Indian in Lusaka
c) buy a bottle of Amarula & sit by the pool with a few friends to RELAX!

Well, I didn’t manage to find a pair of shoes (I just polished some old ones & it worked out just fine), my lunch at Gandhi’s was deeelicious though I have NO idea what I ate*giggling*. Alvin told me that his brother was having his marriage ceremony at Civic Centre that same afternoon & we were expected to be there. So we scooted home after lunch, did the quick change & headed out to Kim’s wedding. And then it poured rain & we were stuck at Civic Centre.














I felt so lucky to be at Kim’s wedding rather than drenched to the bone poolside with Amarula*hahaha*. After the rains died down we headed off for a small reception…& we had to go “pa bwato”. (I don’t really know how to explain this…the opposition leader in Zambia uses ‘pa bwato’ as his slogan- & it actually means “by boat”. What it implies, I’m not too sure…) So the area where the small reception was held was absolutely flooded...the jokes were about going ‘pa bwato’ etc. And did the kids ever laugh as this mzungu took off her sandals, hiked up her skirt & plodded through the puddles until we reached our destination. Brilliant.














A small ode to Kim:
Kim is one of those people who makes you feel like you’ll become a better person just by spending time with him. He is ever jovial and finds the beauty in any bad news. Since I can’t share him, I’ve decided to share his beautiful smile! I also adore his lovely wife Nina...














Kim is also in the "best books" because he bought me a bottle of Amarula which I drank with another brother Musonda. Perfect.

1 comment:

Clara said...

ok....I'm back, got more time now ;) I loved that photo of you walking through the water. The guy behind you is priceless, so amused!! lol Go Mzunga!