Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cicada update etcetera

Here’s an update on all things inconsequential:

1) Al was on hands & knees one morning searching for the pesky cicada. He couldn’t find it & we resorted to spraying the kitchen that evening…& lo & behold no more screaming from my kitchen while I enjoy my muesli:-)
2) Found a great Indian restaurant just down the road from my place- & cheap- HOLLA!
3) I have also fallen in love with strawberry juice (who would have thought)- but the juice actually tastes likes squashed strawberries- it couldn’t be yummier (until Alvin froze it a bit & it was a proper strawberry slush- who needs slurpees anymore)!!!!

Things of more consequence:

- Tomorrow will host Zambia’s Presidential election & the race is heating up. The two frontrunners are neck and neck- the Acting President Rupiah Banda and the rowdy Opposition leader Michael Sata. We are off work tomorrow but will be back in the office Friday providing that all is calm- wish us all the best…
- I spoke to my Gran yesterday as she has settled into a new condo- it’s great to hear her happy & excited about having her own kitchen again. I’ll have to start saving my Kwachas so I can visit her in Summer 2009 (& order all my favourite dishes)! Whoop.

Think that covers it- I hope to be back soon with good news of peaceful, democratic elections. PS. Halloween doesn't exist here...so there's already Christmas decorations in all the shops- crazy!

1 comment:

Mélanie said...

About Halloween... I went to the grocery store yesterday morning to pick up a bit of extra candy and a few things and they already had all their Christmas displays up and the Halloween stuff was tough to find! That was the morning of Oct. 31st! I guess they weren't counting on last minute Halloween shoppers! They don't waste any time! Nik says they don't really do Halloween in Australia either... my little pumpkin and butterfly had a blast (and a late night) last night! Take care Sarah!