Monday, September 15, 2008

Disclaimer

Apologies, I know the photo quality isn’t great- it appears that when my camera was in my hand bag the dial switched to something other than automatic…but I still wanted to put a couple shots up because it’s been ages since I have.

I submitted my research proposal on Friday & rewarded myself by taking the rest of the weekend off the books- weeeee!

Here I am (after a long morning in the sun) sporting our new Youth Basketball League t-shirts. We’ve started a fundraiser & the shirts are awfully snappy- I think most of our stock will be sold quickly so that we can experiment with other colours!














Saturday night a few of the girls got together. Here are the usual suspects: a pregnant Laurane, a pregnant Kupela, and rather inebriated Kolo & Sarah (we’re so bad)!



(Aside: I don't actually have a triple chin- it's just the camera angle)*giggling*
Yesterday I attended Alvin’s cousins’ matabeto. I brought along my friend (the notorious) Kolo who had never attended a matabeto before. Much fun!! Unfortunately I don’t have a photo of me stirring a huge pot of nshima while shaking my booty, but if Alvin’s cousins send them on I’ll be sure to post one up here- I’m pretty certain I look ridiculous*grin*.


The photos I've taken are after all the food has been prepared, & the "bride-to-be's" family brings it over to the "groom-to-be's" house. There's much pomp, money throwing, drumming and ceremony to go with everything- so here we are waiting to make enough money to bring the food inside.

Here's family- Jackie (cousin), Bwembya (sister), Kolo & Cousin Valerie in the back.


And a shot of the whole crew!

No comments: