Tuesday, August 05, 2008

India in between basketball & schoolbooks

It's hard to believe that another long weekend has zipped by.

Friday evening I went to support a colleague’s fundraiser- an Indian fashion show. Really I wanted to see Palak dressed in a full sari, because she never dresses traditionally at work. As luck would have it I missed her on the catwalk & only found her & her Shivam after they’d changed. Shame. It was fun anyway.
















I had blackmailed a couple of friends to join (actually we’d gone to Diwali & Ali loved it- so it was pretty easy to convince him), & we enjoyed a couple of beers (ok ok, pitchers of beer) after the show.














Much fun!!















Yesterday evening we bid farewell to our lovely friend In’utu who will travel to the UK, Italy, & Switzerland to attain her Masters degree. I think she found an amazing opportunity…& she’ll only be gone for a year!! We went to a lovely Indian restaurant (my first time there actually), & sent her off in style.
















In between the evenings out there was plenty of basketball & books. There’s a fair bit of school pressure with looming deadlines & exams coming up in October…after this weekend I’m feeling fairly on top of things though- so no other exciting stories to report*grin*.

No comments: