Monday, July 21, 2008

2nd monthly indulgence

I love it- treated myself to a haircut (well done I reckon) & a manicure (disaster- I think the last time someone painted my nails it was Clara for Grade 12 graduation. Funnily enough, Clara did a better job…so I’ve already removed the attempted French manicure & will stick to nails au naturel)! But it sure was fun to spoil myself anyway. Al & I had a great dinner date after- we hit a new Chinese restaurant!

Here's me with the new doo. I'm also trying to show off this beautiful bag I had made. Claire & Em & I all bought the same gorgeous material during a shopping adventure & I had to boast about what I did with mine*grin*
















Then on Saturday I invited the girls round for a wee get together. It was really nice- I hadn’t met Vicky’s baby, so there was lots of catching up! And I will admit that the baby totally took over, so there aren’t too many photos (& all of them include the baby)*hahah*


Vicky & her beautiful daughter

Spider babe!!

Here's a shot where we were all shocked because this little girl cried until she got her mouth around mum's beer bottle- TOO FUNNY


Here's one of me & the babe that shows off my disastrous manicure*giggle*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I couldn't help notice that your photos have a blue tinge to them. This may be caused by having your camera set to "tungsten" white balance. The "lightbulb" icon. Try changing it to AWB - auto, or using the appropriate icon for the conditions.. Sun for sunny, etc. This should make your lovely pictures even better.
Dave ... ( I ate flying ants,but not the wings )

Sarah said...

Hi Dave, thanks for the pointer. The only problem is I rarely take the photos - I always hand the camera off to somebody else...
I'll look into it though & see if I can get improvement in the quality of the shots.
Best!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah -
I'm keen to see a full shot of your groovy new bag. Where did you get the fabric? Both Rosalie and I had dresses made out of that very same fabric and had lots of compliments! Our dresses were made by Lusaka designer Mary Kaira who sells at the Sunday Market at Arcades. She makes and sells great beaded jewellery too.
Hugs,
Heather
P.S. Nice hair too!