Monday, May 12, 2008

Neti

On Friday Heather hosted our last yoga class. It’s been so nice having Friday afternoons for yoga, visiting, & yummy lunches. The girls from work & I will have to find a new way to spend time together. Anyway, for all you people who practice yoga, many of you may have already been introduced to neti. This was only my second week doing it, but it feels so great! Claire forgot her neti pot of Friday so decided to film instead. I got the giggles so hard watching these videos I thought I’d try to load one up here. And Pop, don’t roll your eyes, we used to “candle” our ears, this is another method for clearing out the sinuses. And though it looks like pure comedy, it feels wonderful after (especially since this time of year is incredibly dusty & windy). Oh, for those of you who don’t know, you pour a saline solution into one nostril, and let it come out the other nostril, leaving you clean & sneeze-free:-) See here for more in-depth information: http://www.yogapoint.com/articles/spring_cleaning.htm.

Hope you have a laugh! Me, in action.



My colleagues & yoga partners. Priscilla in the front, then Alison, & Sue hiding in the back.

2 comments:

luke said...

hahaha that looks amazing! I wanna go!

Anonymous said...

My dear Sarah...the least that you can do is perform this ritual in the privacy of your own wash closet...this is not a field event. The video is quite humerous in a weird way....POPS