Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chipata trip

I had the most lovely time in Zambia's Eastern province last week. We snuck in a quick trip before the Easter weekend to see a couple of project sites in a town that borders Malawi. I had never been as far east as Chipata, & wanted to send a couple photos to share the beauty!

The first night we stayed in a government hotel that looked so colonial. I had a massive room with a huge balcony. Here is the view from that balcony.















And here's the view to the back- it's so gorgeous looking out to the hills with the mist on the tops*sigh*. (I also loved my morning jogs)!!














The second night we stayed in a hotel that was way on top of a hill. The view was incredible (a beauty that I can never really capture on camera), but this is the view from the bed. Wow.



















That is Chipata down below, it was really a stunning place for a guest house. (And a great hill to conquer first thing in the morning)*grin*














I loved all the sunflowers in Eastern province. We had a 30km drive outside of Chipata town to see one of our projects. The school has an agricultural program so they use the sunflower oil in the kids' food. So lovely!

No comments: