Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Delays…

I’m not sure why I haven’t made time to post- lots of exciting things have been happening despite my preoccupation with studying.

1. There’s been an influx of Canadian visitors- YAY, one carrying a care-package from Sarah T. See Ritz bits indulgence below (it’s strange what one craves when away from home for a long time).















I even brought my camera to a party on the weekend & the camera remained stored in my bag for the duration- whoops. There’s been lots of time to catch up with old friends though, a most enjoyable weekend!

2. I’m coaching 4 girls at BSA…we only need a few more to make a full team- keep those fingers crossed, these girls really love ball, I’m so excited!

3. I’ve just finished a beautiful novel by a Nigerian woman named Chimanda Ngozi Adichie called Half of a Yellow Sun. I strongly recommend for those who are interested in my favourite type of novel- historical fiction!

4. I promised an update on my mini-garden. When I returned from India I found my Aloe had been attacked by some insects. Yesterday I went out & soaked the plant in soapy water (I read somewhere that dish soap is supposed to kill the bugs without harming the plant)- but it looks really awful. My dill has come up nicely, but unfortunately the basil has been wiped out by heavy rains, as well as the tomato & chili plants. Boo. I will have to re-group & try again. So much for my green thumb:-(


My poor aloe

My much healthier looking dill!

1 comment:

luke said...

haha you're almost as good a gardener as me... well my chilli plants are still alive.. but no chillis yet...