Friday, February 01, 2008

Candids from in & around New Delhi

So one day we decide to tour around Delhi, checking out some cool monuments/ markets etc. I was so cold. Don't I look miserable? I kept blowing breath out of my mouth quickly expecting to see my breath.















But the evidence (below) shows that is was actually 13 degrees Celsius. So much more my Edmonton roots*grin*.














We hit the zoo- which was great fun! (I love zoos, museums etc). I thought these were the scariest trash bins ever. And there's Alvin being SUCH a good sport with stairs & long walks ahead...














I saw all sorts of creatures I'd never even heard of. I liked these white tigers- they were described as being 'mutants', not albinos. Seems strange to me...but I was more worried that these beasts would not like my face & jump the dry moat to my throat & their freedom. (Oddly enough, there are no real 'cages' for some of the creatures, it's as if they could climb over the low wall if they so desired).














One of my favourite bits about the zoo is that it's built along the crumbling walls of the "Old Fort". Makes for stunning views in & outside the zoo.

No comments: