Saturday, January 26, 2008

The good news is...

Greetings from New Delhi all.

It's been a hectic few days, but Alvin has come out of his ACL reconstruction very well. We both really liked the surgeon & trust that he's done a good job. We are a bit disappointed in a few other things at the hospital, but we knew we were in for adventure, right?! I'm just thankful that he's not in much pain & is in good spirits (though he already wants to head back home to Lusaka)*grin*
Here he is praying to the Indian gods for a swift safe surgery















Post surgery smiles















And this is the view from the hospital room. Not too shabby eh? Though check the haze. I'm convinced it's smog...Or else it's the weather. It's bloody cold. So much for my hopes of 20 degree weather. It's winter- realistically it's about 5 degrees. I'm an ice block:-(














We've been running from appointment to appointment, chasing doctors & nurses, but have finally left the hospital for a couple of days of rest. Well, apparent physiotherapy...but we couldn't get a hold of the physio to come what with not having electricity the whole of yesterday*sigh*. We'll see what today brings.

Since I haven't yet had much time to poke around the big city...I don't have much to report.
Except that I wonder how many people die in motor vehicle accidents in this city every year. A three-lane highway becomes seven lanes (not including the weaving motorbikes) Check the woman riding a motorbike side saddle. And the traffic is MAD. Though to be honest I've only seen one crash.
Here she be, please note NO HELMET either! Yipes.















Traffic















My huge sweeping general observation is that Indians (in New Delhi) walk a heck of a lot faster than Zambians. I was literally running to keep up with the porters who pushed Alvin all over the hospital. It really made me giggle.
I've been LOVING the Indian food. A bit too much I reckon. I think I overdosed on paneer & did the unimaginable.















For some reason Dominos made me think of Cousin Al & sitting at my Auntie Martha's table in Saskatoon...but then that was Pizza Hut pizza, wasn't it?! Well, I savoured every bite & think I can now go back to local cuisine. Without paneer though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah -

Love your Indian experience posting! How wonderful that the surgery went well. Hope you can do a wee bit of touring (and shopping!) before heading home to Lusaka. Is it really possible to eat too much paneer?! Stay safe and travel well. See you soon.

Hari Om Tat Sat!
Heather