Thursday, December 06, 2007

The art of mango-eating

I’ve just come from the kitchen in my office after eating a mango. I used a knife to peel & cut the pieces, allowing for minimum juices squirting down chin & arms, as well as keeping most of the hairs out of teeth.

What a sad way to eat a mango.

I’ve decided that half of the joy (scrumptious-ness) of mangoes comes from eating mangoes in their full glory. That’s right- teeth only- indulging in pieces of skin despite strong health warnings to eat only peeled fruits. Juice running down my chin, my tongue reaching my wrist trying to stop the juice from creeping up my arm and staining my top. Once only the pit is remaining, sitting back with whoever I’m with (a bit shy to smile), smacking lips & digging the mango hair from teeth. Doesn’t "givin' it your all" sound much more enjoyable than coldly cutting up & wasting so much of the sweet juice and worrying about staining work clothes*sigh*. There’s something about picking the mango from the tree & enjoying the sweet stickiness as it was meant to be enjoyed!

I suppose this if for all of you stuck in a cold snap!

And as an aside- the last two evenings when I've left the courts, I've been caught in wicked rainstorms. Tuesday there was torrential rain, a brilliant light show & booming thunder. (I actually called for a ride home)*hahah*. Yesterday evening there was a beautiful shower for my walk home, the rain falling heavily only much later in the night. Gorgeous.

No comments: