Monday, February 12, 2007

Nai-robbery...aka Nairobi, Kenya

That's right...my absence blogging was due to a trip to Nairobi. I was SO lucky to be able to attend a workshop regarding a Sports for Social Change Network, as a representative for Breakthrough Sports Academy (BSA...you know, all the photos you've seen of 'my' basketball boys).
The conference was great, however awfully intensive, so I never really had a chance to see Nairobi. But I was hanging out with some lovely young Kenyans & they referred to Nairobi as "Nai-robbery". Too appropriate as two women at the conference had their purses stolen. I, on the other hand, dropped my phone one evening without noticing. The next morning I came to the hotel begging for information (thinking there was no way I'd ever see the phone again), & lo & behold, the hotel staff returned it to me with NO airtime even missing*smile*. Wow, THAT was good karma!!
The hectic workshop put be back in touch with the International Sports for Development world, & I savoured every moment! I met some incredible people & feel all inspired once more. I'll attach photos when my camera gets returned to me & I have a moment to upload them.

I feel like there are a million stories I'm forgetting to report...I'll post them as I remember!
And thanks for all of the comments!!! Brilliant!

For now it's getting back into a routine. And drying out after getting caught in a serious rain storm...I love the weather in Lusaka!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dad needs to know how you addressed the comments section... can you share the knowledge of your techie friends.
POPS