Friday, January 12, 2007

Beautiful snippets

- Tuesday after work, just as the clouds were threatening a downpour, I donned my running gear & backpack & set off jogging to Breakthrough Sports Academy. I'm back at coaching & thrilled for the opportunities 2007 will bring. As I hit the pavement I was in absolute awe. The rain that had arrived (though thankfully not in torrents) was cooling the tarmac. There were gusts of fog swirling at my feet as I made my way to BSA. I wished so badly I had carried my camera, it was a stunning scene; the light playing on the rain between the green of the trees, and the visible heat rising out from the road. When I arrived at BSA, my hair wasn't even damp from the rain...it was an odd but breathtaking experience.

- I have had two candlelight dinners with my boyfriend this week. No, we are not hopeless romantics, but the power has been cut where I stay for over 12-hour periods. I'm livid...cold morning baths & legions of mosquitos buzzing through my mosquito netting all night. There buzzing is magnified because there is no electircal buzzing, but also because they are drawn to the only source of heat in the house- it's awful!

Now I'm just thrilled the sun is shining & I only work halfday fridays!!!!! Happy weekend- yours truly.

No comments: